A Good College and Career Fit is Paramount!
Planning, Organizing and Implementing Makes the difference!
At Holmes Smith Consulting Services (HSCS), Inc. we assist our customers with meeting their educational and career goals. Understanding that each customer is unique, we develop personalized college and career roadmaps to guide our customers through one of the most important decisions they will make.
By focusing on a customer’s individual strengths and financial capabilities, our customized, step-by-step packages remove the stress and uncertainty of undergraduate and graduate school selection and the application process, career decisions, financial/scholarship aid, and college preparation. The end result: selecting the right “college and career fit” in which a customer can thrive and succeed.
Our seasoned consultants and counselors create detail and unique plans that are supportive of advising students and parents, individuals seeking to attend graduate and professional school, and career changers. We assist our customers by:
HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS AND FAMILIES
- Identifying the college(s) that will meet a student’s academic, social, and financial needs
- Broadening the potential college choices
- Selecting college majors and career paths
- Providing essay writing feedback
- Helping to locate private scholarships
- Weighing factors such as best college fit and cost
- Guiding to plan, organize, and meet deadline dates
Children and young people
(Psychological Type Assessment)
- Improving studying skills
- Working with others
- Building and maintaining friendships
- Communicating with parents and teachers
- Exploring careers that matches a student’s personality type
- Developing talents, strengths, and managing their challenges
GRADUATE/PROFESIONAL SCHOOL SEEKERS
- Identifying graduate and professional schools that will meet their career goals
- Providing professional feedback to strengthen college applications and personal statements
- Locating scholarships, graduate and teaching assistantships
- Defining career plans and identifying barriers to achieve career goals
- Exploring and finding careers they will “love”
- Creating a step-by-step plan that will remove the stress and uncertainty of achieving career goals
- Providing support “accountability partnerships” to reach career goals
- Identifying tools (professional training programs, certifications, and colleges) to leverage the change
TRUSTED AND ENDORSED BY FAMILIES
One of my biggest fears was always being in debt. I considered not going to college at all if I couldn’t find a way to pay for it. If it weren’t for Dr. Pat I don’t think I would have even gone to college, maybe I would have gone to trade school or something. Now I have everything paid for and have opportunities like studying abroad. Dr. Pat has also given me the chance to intern at Holmes Smith consulting services so that I can build my resume and get bigger opportunities in the future. Whatever career I end up having, I will owe Dr. Pat a lot of credit for helping me get to that point.
— Jhaney. H
My daughter was accepted to all five colleges to which she applied and basically received a full ride to the college of her choice. Thank you for your guidance.
— Chris. D
Dr. Pat was a godsend. She worked side by side with my daughter and was a wonderful mentor to her while applying for scholarships and deciding on a college. Dr. Pat went above and beyond for my daughter, and it felt like I didn't have to do anything. Dr. Pat gave her the encouragement and the resources to find a full scholarship to pay for her education. It would have been a blessing to receive anything at all, and she's gotten other additional scholarships, but when we got the news that her entire schooling would be paid for, including tuition, room and board, and even her books and school supplies, I knew it was a blessing we couldn't have received without Dr. Pat. Dr. Pat is amazing and I will forever be grateful to her for what she's done for my daughter.
— Joeli. D
PASSION & EXPERIENCE
Dr. Smith has spent three decades becoming the authority on college counseling for students and families from a variety of financial and academic backgrounds. Utilizing a holistic, personal approach, she applies her expertise toward the achievement of academic and career goals, relying on her passion, experience, and qualifications, which include:
- Doctor of Education
- Master OF Education (Counselor Education)
- Master of Business Administration
- Certified MMTIC Facilitator (Assessment Tool for Psychological type in children /young people)
OUR BRAND STORY
As CEO and owner, Dr. Patricia H. Smith utilizes her 30-plus years of experience in academic, career, and college counseling to help the next generation of students meet their academic and financial goals through admittance to colleges and universities nationwide. A certified MMTIC Facilitator, Dr. Smith holds a Master of Education (Counselor Education), a Master of Business Administration, and a Doctorate in Education.
In addition to having established several programs and conferences, Dr. Smith serves as President of the annual Parents and Guardians College Planning Conference, Inc., and is heavily involved with the Boys & Girls Clubs of Delaware. She is a frequent contributor to The New Castle County Women’s Journal, and is the author of “The Power of Parent Involvement in the College Planning Process.”
REQUEST A CALL BACK
We can also meet using video conferencing.
As an authority on college and career planning, Dr. Smith has shared her insights and philosophies in print. To review these resources, please click on the links below.
Sign up here to receive a short assessment plan from Dr. Smith.
Your information will be kept confidential, and you will immediately be granted access to a downloadable PDF on a new page.
6 Larch Avenue, Suite 399
Wilmington, DE 19804
1201 N. Orange Street, Suite 7192
Wilmington, DE 19801
Hours of Operation
Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.–8 p.m.
Saturday 9:00 am - 2:00 pm.
(302) 884-6748 until 5 p.m.
(302) 502-3698 after 5 p.m.